Thursday, November 13, 2014
The Top 5 Most Likely NBA Teams to Trade for Kobe Bryant
So, the question begs, which teams would be in the running for Kobe?
Would he only agree to go to a contender or would he consider a team on the verge of being a contender?
Right away, two teams who are nowhere near contending come to mind.
5) New York Knicks-This transition would renew his ties to Phil Jackson's basketball philosophies and allow the Knicks to build faster to their goals of becoming a contender. The Knicks are probably looking to get rid of J.R. Smith by now, but they would have to give up something else significant, as well. Possibly, Andrea Bargnani and Iman Shumpert would be in the offing.
4) Philadelphia 76ers-This allows Kobe to go back to his roots. He went to high school in the Philadelphia area. The Sixers would have to part ways with one of their two big men recently drafted in the first rounds, either Joel Embiid or Nerlens Noel. The Sixers would get better quickly if they gave up Embiid who is not scheduled to start playing until next season due to foot surgery.
3) New Orleans Pelicans-Kobe would get the chance to play with the League's brightest new superstar in Anthony Davis. It would be a lethal combination as Davis has the athleticism and size while Kobe has the experience and knowledge for how to take things to the next level. This would be a bit of a process as the Pelicans are not good enough to win this year, but, it could happen in the next couple of seasons if they put more of the pieces together.
2) Chicago Bulls-People in Chicago are tired of Derrick Rose, his injuries and attitude. Kobe for Derrick could come to light if Chicago was willing to also part ways with Jimmy Butler or Tony Snell. Kobe on the Bulls would be the ultimate irony if he wins the championship there and he matches Michael Jordan with the same amount of championships.
1) OKC Thunder-The Thunder has the most amount of budding talent-not yet stars in the League, but potential stars in the making. Restricted free agents Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb are players who would be starting for most teams, but come off the bench in OKC. Other excellent prospects include Anthony Morrow and Perry Jones. With Kobe, OKC is automatically the favorite to win it all. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka have been to the NBA Finals before and are hungry to get back. The finances would have to get worked out because there are some max contracts among these players, but if Kobe wants to go to a great team ready to win now, this is the team that can most likely make it happen while giving the Lakers a better shot for building towards the future.